Become a Member
The Farmington River Elementary PTA is a group of parent and staff volunteers who help to bridge the gap that is often left by limitations in school funding and/or manpower. Our financial and volunteer support allows for us to provide a wide variety of activities aimed at building a strong, fun and exciting school and community.
Why Become a Member?
- By becoming a member, you are saying that you support our efforts. It doesn’t mean you’re committing to attending meetings or volunteering, but we welcome and encourage both!
- When parents are involved in their children’s education, students are more likely to succeed.
- By becoming a PTA member, you will demonstrate how important a good education is to your child’s future.
- There is no better way to stay connected and know what is happening in your school.
- PTA is an opportunity to meet other parents and teachers by building relationships.
- By volunteering you put your skills to good use and help enrich your child‘s growth.
- PTA can be a way for you to be more effective by suggesting change in your child’s school.
- By getting involved you will become part of the solution, making positive changes. PTA plays an important role in fundraising in order to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events for our children.
What Exactly Do We Provide?
The PTA has provided the following programs and plans to continue them with your support:
- Educational Assemblies
- Family Fun Events
- Holiday Shop
- Otis Ridge Ski Program
- Winter Tubing Trip
- March Madness
- Screen Free Week
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Field Day
- Classroom Fieldtrips
- Fundraising for teachers, individual class years and the school as a whole
- New Equipment for Art, Music, Technology, Physical Education & Playground/Recess
How Do You Become a Member?
You can join the PTA for a mere $5! We welcome all parents, friends, teachers, grandparents, community members and neighbors.
You can become a member by completing this membership form and submitting it with your dues via email to [email protected] and payments can be made through VENMO @ FRES-PTA-01253 or you can send a check, please make payable to FRRES PTA by mail to Farmington River Elementary PTA, P. O. Box 679, Otis, MA 01253.
Next, volunteer your time. Once you are a member, we will email you volunteer opportunities.