Thank you for your interest in employment with the Farmington River Regional School District. We invite you to share in the rich, personal satisfaction of belonging to a community of teachers and staff who are dedicated to helping children learn and live better lives. Our primary goal is to recruit, develop, and retain exceptional employees who are committed to promoting educational excellence.
School Nurse Position 1.0 FTE – Posted 5/5/22
Food Service Director (Details Below) – Posted 5/5/22
School Nurse Position: The Farmington River Regional School District is looking for a 1.0 FTE School Nurse. This is a permanent position due to retirement.
- Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing, Master’s degree preferred
- Certified by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a school nurse or able to meet the requirements for licensure
- Experience in child health, community health, or other relevant clinical nursing settings
- Ability to provide emergency care/assessment
- Knowledge of professional and legal requirements
- Human relations skills
- Organizational/administrative skills
- Knowledge of child growth and development
- Ability to effectively use local resources
- Techniques in health counseling/guidance
- Ability to deliver student/staff/parent presentations
- Knowledge of current education legislation/regulations
- Ability to work effectively with teachers, support staff, and parents and advocate for children in order to effectively problem solve
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and ability to work with all stakeholders
- Basic computer skills including data entry and word-processing
Compensation: Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Send to Supt. Thomas Nadolny, 555 North Main Road, Otis, Ma. email@example.com :
Letter of interest, resume, copy of transcripts for highest degree earned and current nursing certification(s), three letters of reference, and any related materials.
DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CORI checks and fingerprinting are required.
The Farmington River Regional School District is an equal opportunity educational facility and employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status, or age.
Food Service Director Position:
QUALIFICATIONS & PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Food Service Director reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools. The Director shall perform in an administrative and supervisory role coordinating all aspects of the District’s Child Nutrition Program (CNP) including work to provide an environment for improving student health and nutrition. The job functions include administering, planning, directing, assessing, implementing and evaluating the program in order to meet the nutritional and educational needs of students, as it relates to CNP.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibilities for all district initiatives in the District’s Child Nutrition Program.
- Plans, directs, and budgets for food services.
- Assumes responsibility for the entire food service operation, including all program, personnel, menu, quality, and fiscal issues.
- Completes and submits all required reports, financial and otherwise, to state and federal agencies.
- Maintains program in conformity with federal, state, and local program regulations, policies, and health standards, operating in a sanitary and safe environment.
- Manages food service facility, including receiving all food and food supplies.
- Orders food items and supplies as needed in a cost-effective manner and in conformity with the federal and state procurement laws and local procurement policies/procedures, and maintains inventories of food, supplies, and equipment.
- Examines food services site on a regular basis to determine needed repairs and maintenance.
- Consults with school administrators regarding services for special events.
- Oversees and/or recommends the recruitment, appointment, assignment, evaluation, discipline, and dismissal of food service personnel.
- Plans and tracks professional development training for food service staff in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Develops and integrates employee safety regulations into all aspects of the food service operation.
- Works with the Business Manager to develop and maintain a long-term capital plan for equipment and facilities.
- Works to provide nutritional and educational opportunities to students, staff, and the educational community.
- Performs similar or related work as required or as situations dictate.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma (or GED) AND a minimum of three years of relevant experience in school nutrition programs.
- At least 8 hours of food safety training within the past five years, or documentation on how such will be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- ServSafe certification or documentation on how such will be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Thorough knowledge of the administration, foods, equipment, materials, methods, and techniques relative to food service operations.
- Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of groups of employees.
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Point-of-Sale systems
- Moderate physical exertion is required such as walking, standing, reaching, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, and twisting.
CONTRACT SALARY: Salary negotiable
Send to Supt. Thomas Nadolny, 555 North Main Road, Otis, Ma. firstname.lastname@example.org
ANTICIPATED STARTING DATE: July 1, 2022
Thomas Nadolny, Superintendent/Principal
Farmington River Regional School District
555 North Main Road
Otis, MA 01253