The annual Arts Exhibit at the Otis Library will feature a Holiday Open House on Thursday, December 19th from 4 until 6 pm. The theme of this year’s exhibit is “Planning, Preparing, Producing, and Performing” and it will include ideas and illustrations for characters and scenes in the upcoming musical in the Spring of 2020. The children in all grades have helped to develop the story and have even written some of the script and the songs that will be performed! The Otis Library will sponsor and host the opening of the exhibit with refreshments, music and prizes!
The 2020 Community Arts Production is in its planning stages. Children have begun to edit to the script with help from Laura Catullo and other staff members. We are seeking participation from parents and community members with scene and stage preparation, costumes, lighting, and dramatic role play. Rehearsals will begin in early 2020. Please contact Laura Catullo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to get involved!
THINGS KINDERGARTENERS CAN DO AT HOME…
1. Practice the Fundation homework a few times a week.
2. Help make a grocery list and then help find the items at the grocery store.
3. Read a story and ask questions about it (Who were the characters? What was the setting? What happened in the beginning, middle and end? What was the problem? How did they fix the problem? Tell me your favorite part.)
4. Write names of people around you.
5. Tell stories to each other.
Help support your child’s classroom by purchasing pastries or cookie dough. Half of all proceeds go directly to your child’s classroom. Or-der forms will go home on Monday, November 4th and are due back on Friday, November 15th. All orders will be in before Thanksgiving!!
“In October, Mrs. Hamill’s preschoolers learned all about pumpkins. They had fun turning their classroom pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern!”
Mrs. Tracy, Mrs. Martin, Mrs. Digrigoli, and Mrs. Silk get into the Halloween spirt by reliving the 80’s.