September 16, 2022
Dear Farmington River Families,
This is the first of what I intend to be a weekly newsletter for FRES families to keep you informed of the goings on at the school. Please let me know if you are aware of Otis of Sandisfield events or opportunities that would benefit our students so that I can include them in the newsletter.
Also, thank you for making the 2022 Back-to-School Night a great success. It was a big turnout and there was excitement in the air around the new school year. The staff of the school is looking forward to working with you to ensure a productive and enjoyable school year. The students and staff are off to a very good start of establishing and settling into productive patterns for learning and success.
I have a few updates for you that are featured below. Have a great weekend.
PTA Monthly Meeting
Please put September 22, 2022, at 7:00 PM on your calendar and log into the first monthly PTA meeting of the year. This meeting will occur on Zoom. You can also view PTA information on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/frrsdpta. Please be sure to complete the PTA Survey in advance of the meeting.
- Jerilyn Beauregard has joined us to serve as our front office secretary as we conduct a search. Jerilyn is a retired music teacher who spent her career in the Gateway Regional School District.
- Alice Giarrusso as a substitute paraprofessional as we conduct a search. Alice is a retired middle school and elementary school teacher who worked in the Amherst, NH school district.
- Teresa DellaGiustina tendered her resignation this week. She will be moving on to pursue other opportunities.
I have been working with our new school nurse, Grace Terry, to develop guidelines and procedures regarding Covid-19. Please review FRRSD Covid Guidance which was developed in consultation with the Mass Department of Health and the CDC. There have been several confirmed cases in the school so we are taking all recommended actions.
After School Update
- Girls on the Run will meet on Monday and Tuesday this week rather than the usual Monday and Wednesday. The program runs from 3:10-4:40.
- Intramurals will start on Thursday, September 22. The program runs from 3-4.
Students in grades K-6 will begin testing using the district’s nationally normed curriculum-based measure, Aimsweb testing starting Monday, September 19. AimswebPlus screens and monitors the reading and math skills of PreK–12 students. With its robust set of standards-aligned measures, aimswebPlus is proven to uncover learning gaps quickly, identify at-risk students, and assess individual and classroom growth.
PICTURES FROM THE WEEK
|Sergeant Weidhass Greeting Students
||Officer Santana Greeting Students
|Sarah Hopkins and Sarah Loring feeding the hungry
||Dakota Meredith new head custodian
|Jerilyn Beauregard Front Office