The school day is from 8:45 AM to 3:00 PM unless otherwise scheduled. Students arriving early between 8:00-8:30 must wait in the cafeteria until the first bell rings at 8:30. Students arriving after 8:50 will be marked tardy.
The Farmington River Regional School District is committed to providing a quality educational experience that is appropriate for all aspects of a child’s development and includes the family, staff and community in a meaningful way. It is our goal to provide each and every child with the values, knowledge and skills needed to achieve full potential in his or her personal and work life and to contribute actively to the civic and economic life of our diverse and changing democratic society.
THE FOLLOWING BELIEFS FORM THE BASIS FOR OUR PHILOSOPHY
If students are to succeed and meet the future’s challenge they will need to:
- Recognize the importance of education as a lifelong effort.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Understand environmental and other issues with worldwide implications.
- Make informed decisions for themselves, their families, their communities and their world.
- Contribute to our society
- Take responsibility for their own behavior.
Therefore it is our responsibility as a school district and community to:
- Foster a climate that honors education, encourages academic achievement and rewards hard and thoughtful work.
- Fulfill our joint obligation to support the school financially at the level necessary to ensure equal educational opportunities for all students to achieve at high levels.
- Build a safe environment in which all children can study, learn and play.
- Encourage informal learning through reading and outside learning activities.
- Provide access to the newest technology.
- Assure that children have the nutritional and health care needed for healthy minds and bodies.
- Offer families access to the training and support they need to help their children learn.
ALL STUDENTS SHOULD:
- Read, write and communicate effectively.
- Use mathematics, the arts, computers and other technologies effectively.
- Define, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Acquire, integrate and apply essential knowledge.
- Study and work effectively.
- Demonstrate personal, social and civic responsibility.