A FEW REMINDERS
- Picture Day is Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Keep us updated to any changes to your contact info, such as: Address, telephone number, email address
- Call by 9:00 AM if your child is absent or will be late
- A note from parent/guardian must be sent into school for any change to the usual after-school dismissal routine
- NO CARS are allowed in the driveway during arrival / dismissal. It is best to park in the Visitor’s Lot or the side lot and have your child walk on the sidewalk.
- Consider paying for your child’s meals monthly—either online or with cash or a check—for your convenience.
Our after-school Enrichment Clubs are up and running already this year! We’re starting the year with the Explorers Club where students explore and document the changing seasons in the woods behind the school. Students will also explore the world using Google Maps and Google Earth.
Enrichment Clubs are free and open to FRRES students in grades 4-6. The next club starts in November, so keep an eye out around Halloween for the next club sign-up sheet!”
~ Mrs. Cannon
Health & PE News
Please make sure all students come prepared with sneakers for PE class. With the cooler weather approaching it can be easy to forget to pack them.
A good tip – – leave a pair at school, that way you are always prepared.
This will be a great year!
Kids’ Café News
October was an exciting month here at The Kids’ Café!
We would like to thank Mrs. Jana Bush for the endless donations from her farm stand to the Staff salad bar and another huge thank you to Mrs. Rebecca Hamill for her donation of tomatoes from her family’s farm stand. We made homemade spaghetti sauce with these tomatoes. Yummy!
The Kids’ Café is working together with Big Y to provide us with local fresh fruits and veggies. We are also participating in the Massachusetts Farm to School Harvest of The Month Project. Each month we will promote a different Massachusetts food to encourage healthy food choices. Students who try the Harvest of the Month will get a trading card which talks about the healthy food choice.